- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 495
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.48g
20-minute rice supper
- long-grain-rice - 300g long grain rice
- fish-stock - 600ml hot vegetable or fish stock (from a cube is fine)
- curry-paste - 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- pea - 100ml frozen peas
- smoked-mackerel - 150g pack smoked mackerel, skinned
- creme-fraiche - 3 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- egg - 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- coriander - handful coriander, to serve
- Tip the rice into a large microwavable container. Mix together the stock and curry paste, then pour over the rice. cover with cling film and pierce a few times with a fork. Microwave for 6 mins on High.
- Break the mackerel into large chunks and stir through the rice along with the peas and creme fraiche, then microwave for 6-8 mins more on medium until the rice is tender. Top with the eggs and serve sprinkled with the coriander.
Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has long grain rice, fish stock, curry paste, pea, smoked mackerel, crème fraîche, egg and coriander.