- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 272
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.35g
- carrot - 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- parsnip - 4 small parsnips, or 3 large, cut into chunks
- red-onion - 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp each ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon and mild chilli powder
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- dried-apricot - 2 small handfuls soft dried apricots
- honey - 2 tsp honey
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Scatter the veg over a couple of baking trays, drizzle with half the oil, season, then rub the oil over the veg with your hands to coat. Roast for 30 mins until tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, fry the spices in the remaining oil for 1 min - they should sizzle and start to smell aromatic. Tip in the tomatoes, apricots, honey and a can of water. Simmer for 5 mins until the sauce is slightly reduced and the apricots plump, then stir in the veg and some seasoning. Serve with couscous or jacket potatoes.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has carrot, parsnip, red onion, red pepper, olive oil, ground cumin, chopped tomato, dried apricot and honey.