Afternoon tea sandwiches
- goat's-cheese - 200g soft goat's cheese
- cream-cheese - 100g cream cheese
- white-bread - 10 slices white bread
- red-pepper - 2 roasted red peppers
- walnut - 25g walnut
- wholemeal-bread - 6 slices wholemeal bread
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- lemon - zest of 1 lemon
- prawn - 6 large cooked prawns, halved for topping
- egg - 4 eggs
- spring-onion - 2 chopped spring onions
- creme-fraiche - 2-3 tbsp creme fraiche
- roll - 12 small rolls
- cress - cress, to serve
- For the goat's cheese, walnut & roasted pepper sandwiches, mix together 200g soft goat's cheese with 100g cream cheese. Spread most of the mixture over 5 slices white bread. Slice 2 roasted red peppers into strips, divide between the bread, then top each with another slice white bread. Trim the crusts, then cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Whizz 25g walnuts until fine. Spread 1 edge of each sandwich with the remaining cheese mix, then dip into the chopped walnuts.
- For the lemony cucumber & prawn sandwiches, lightly spread 6 slices wholemeal bread with butter. Cover with a layer of thinly sliced cucumber, then use a 5-6cm round cutter to stamp out 12 circles. Mix together 4 tbsp mayonnaise with zest 1 lemon. Top each circle with 1 halved large cooked prawn and a dollop of the lemony mayonnaise.
- For the creamy egg & cress sandwiches, boil 4 eggs for 8 mins. Cool the eggs, peel, mash, then mix with 2 chopped spring onions and 2-3 tbsp creme fraiche. Season, then spread over 12 small rolls. Add a little cress, pop on the lids and serve.
Sandwich recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has goat’s cheese, cream cheese, white bread, red pepper, walnut, wholemeal bread, cucumber, mayonnaise, lemon, prawn, egg, spring onion, crème fraîche, roll and cress.Add to Favourites