- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.36g
Apple scones with blackberry compote
- self-raising-flour - 225g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 50g butter
- golden-caster-sugar - 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- cinnamon - 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- apple - 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- milk - 125ml milk, plus extra for brushing
- clotted-cream - clotted cream and fresh or defrosted blackberry compote (see goes well with), to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Tip flour into a large bowl with butter then rub in using fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs. Stir in sugar and cinnamon, add apple and give everything a mix.
- Pour in milk and stir it in quickly, then fold dough over 2-3 times until it's a little smoother. Tip onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a round about 3cm deep.
- Dip a 6cm cutter into some flour then cut out scones, flouring the cutter each time. Squash offcuts lightly back into a round and repeat until all dough is used up. Brush tops with a little milk then place on to a lightly floured baking sheet and bake for 18-20 mins until risen and golden. Allow to cool on the tray.
- To serve, split scones then spread with a dollop of clotted cream and a spoonful of blackberry compote.
Scone recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, butter, golden caster sugar, cinnamon, apple, milk and clotted cream.