- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 182
- Fat Content: 0g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 0.03g
Appleberry mulled wine
- red-wine - 2 x 75cl bottles red wine (such as Merlot; better quality wine makes all the difference)
- apple-juice - 1l good-quality cloudy apple juice
- caster-sugar - 115g caster sugar
- cinnamon-stick - 1 long cinnamon stick, snapped in half
- star-anise - 2 star anise
- cointreau - 3 tbsp orange Curacao or Cointreau
- fruit - a handful or so (about 100g/4oz) frozen mulled fruit or fruits of the forest or Black Forest fruits
- apple - 3 small red-skinned apples, sliced into rings
- Pour the wine and apple juice into a large saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise. Heat gently, stirring once or twice, until the sugar has dissolved, then continue heating gently for another 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, swirl in the Curacao or Cointreau, throw in the frozen fruits and add the apple slices.
Bonfire Night drinks recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red wine, apple juice, caster sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise, cointreau, fruit and apple.