- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 443
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Sugar Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.84g
Apricot & blueberry crumble cake
- butter - 200g butter, softened
- golden-caster-sugar - 225g golden caster sugar
- self-raising-flour - 225g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- egg - 3 eggs, beaten
- milk - 2 tbsp milk
- yogurt - 150g pot vanilla yogurt
- apricot - 300g apricots, skinned, halved and stoned, or use a drained 410g tin instead
- blueberry - 225g punnet blueberries
- butter - 25g butter
- self-raising-flour - 3 heaped tbsp self-raising flour
- demerara-sugar - 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Line an oblong traybake tin (21 x 30cm) with baking parchment and heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Beat the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and milk together until creamy. Spoon into the tin, level the top, then bake for 25 mins until almost set.
- Meanwhile, get the yogurt and fruit at the ready and make the crumble by rubbing all the ingredients together.
- When cake has baked for 25 mins, whip it out of the oven. Working quickly, spoon over the yogurt, scatter over the fruit, then top with the crumble. Return to oven for 15-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Serve warm as a pudding, or cooled and cut into squares with tea.
Fruity cake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder, egg, milk, yogurt, apricot, blueberry, butter, self-raising flour, demerara sugar and ground cinnamon.