- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 343
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.35g
Aromatic lamb with dates
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- lamb - 500g diced boneless lean lamb, preferably from the leg
- sweet-potato - 300g sweet potatoes, cut into small chunks
- ground-coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- ground-cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- date - 50g pitted dates
- coriander - 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and lamb, then quickly fry until the lamb is lightly browned.
- Add the sweet potatoes and spices, then mix well. Pour in 425ml boiling water and the tomato puree, then bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 mins until sweet potatoes and lamb are tender, adding the dates for the final 10 mins. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with couscous.
Tagine recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, lamb, sweet potato, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, tomato purée, date and coriander.Add to Favourites