- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 299
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.65g
Artichoke, red onion & rosemary risotto
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, sliced into thin wedges
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- rosemary - 2 tbsp rosemary needles
- risotto-rice - 140g arborio risotto rice
- white-wine - 150ml white wine
- vegetable-stock - 850ml low-salt vegetable stock
- artichoke-heart - 400g tin artichoke heart in water, drained and halved
- parmesan - 2 tbsp grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- pine-nut - 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Cook the onions gently for 6-7 mins until softened and browning. Add the peppers and rosemary and cook for a further 5 mins. Add rice and stir well.
- Pour in the wine and of the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in another of the stock and simmer again, until it's all absorbed. Add the final with the artichokes and simmer again until rice is tender.
- Season and stir in the Parmesan and 1/2 the pine nuts. Scatter over the remainder and serve.
Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, red onion, red pepper, rosemary, risotto rice, white wine, vegetable stock, artichoke heart, parmesan and pine nut.