- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 51
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.57g
Asian pork meatballs
- clear-honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- fish-sauce - 3 tbsp fish sauce
- minced-pork - 450g minced pork
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- lemongrass - 2 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- cornflour - 1 tsp cornflour
- mint - 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- coriander - 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- olive-oil - olive oil for frying
- coriander - 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- lime-juice - 2 tbsp lime juice
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- sesame-oil - 1 tsp sesame oil
- Make the meatballs. Gently warm the honey in a non-stick frying pan, add the fish sauce and stir to make a syrup. Leave to cool.
- Put pork in a bowl and fold in honey syrup, spring onions, garlic, lemongrass, cornflour, mint and coriander. Mix and season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Shape into 20 balls and put on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Chill for 30 mins. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together, then set aside.
- Brush the balls with olive oil and fry for 3-4 mins each side. Serve with the sauce.
Meatballs recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has clear honey, fish sauce, minced pork, spring onion, garlic clove, lemongrass, cornflour, mint, coriander, olive oil, coriander, spring onion, lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil.