- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.5g
Asian prawn & quinoa salad
- quinoa - 60g quinoa
- prawn - 150g cooked shelled prawns
- avocado - 1 small avocado, stoned and sliced
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, halved and sliced
- watercress - 50g watercress
- cherry-tomato - 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- lime - finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- tamari - 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- coriander - handful coriander, chopped
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- maple-syrup - 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Boil the quinoa in a small pan for 15 mins until the grains are tender and look like they have burst. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the lime zest and juice and the chilli in a bowl.
- Stir half the dressing into the quinoa with the spring onions, tamari and half the coriander. Stir in all the salad vegetables, then spoon onto two serving plates.
- Stir the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns. Spoon onto the quinoa salad and scatter over the coriander to serve.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has quinoa, prawn, avocado, cucumber, watercress, cherry tomato, lime, red chilli, spring onion, tamari, coriander, rapeseed oil and maple syrup.