- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 461
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Asparagus & broad bean lasagne
- milk - 225ml whole milk
- broad-beans - 320g frozen baby broad beans
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- basil - 30g pack fresh basil, roughly chopped
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, chopped
- vegetable-bouillon-powder - 1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- lasagne - 6 wholemeal lasagne sheets
- peas - 320g frozen peas
- cottage-cheese - 2 x 300g tubs low-fat cottage cheese
- egg - 1 egg
- nutmeg - whole nutmeg, for grating
- asparagus - 250g asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- parmesan - 25g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the milk in a pan until just boiling, then tip in the beans (add a splash of water to cover if you need to). Cook for 3 mins to defrost, then add the garlic, basil, lemon zest, spring onions and bouillon, then blitz for a few mins with ahand blenderuntil smooth.
- Spoon half the puree into a 20 x 26cm ovenproof dish. Top with 3 lasagne sheets, the remaining puree, and the peas, then the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Whiskthe cottage cheese with the egg and a good grating of nutmeg. Pour over the lasagne, then press in the asparagus and scatter over the parmesan. Bake for 1 hr until golden and a knife easily slides through.Can be kept chilled for two days.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has milk, broad beans, garlic clove, basil, lemon, spring onion, vegetable bouillon powder, lasagne, peas, cottage cheese, egg, nutmeg, asparagus and parmesan.