- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 1 or 3-4 as side dish
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 214
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Asparagus & courgette salad with feta & sesame seeds
- Heat a small frying pan and add the sesame seeds. Cook, shaking the pan and making sure the seeds don't burn. When they are fragrant and have turned a light teak colour, tip them onto a saucer.
- Steam the asparagus for 3-4 mins until almost done. Drop into a bowl of iced water to cool, then drain and wrap in a tea towel to dry really well. Cook the peas for 3 mins in the boiling water used to steam the asparagus, then drain and cool under a cold tap. Slice the courgettes on the diagonal, about 0.5cm thick.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the asparagus and courgette slices with the oil, and cook in batches until nicely striped with dark brown. Cut the asparagus into 5cm lengths.
- Mix the asparagus, courgettes, peas, rocket, feta and lemon zest. Grind over some black pepper and sprinkle with the sesame seeds before serving.
Healthy Mediterranean recipe for 1 or 3-4 as side dish people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has sesame seed, asparagus, pea, courgette, olive oil, rocket, feta cheese and lemon.