- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 481
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 17g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 0.04g
Asparagus & lemon spaghetti with peas
- wholemeal-spaghetti - 150g wholemeal spaghetti
- asparagus - 160g asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into lengths
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- leeks - 2 leeks (220g), cut into lengths, then thin strips
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- frozen-peas - 160g frozen peas
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- Boil the spaghetti for 12 mins until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last 3 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the leeks and chilli and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the garlic, peas and lemon zest and juice and cook for a few mins more.
- Drain and add the pasta to the pan with 1/4 mug of the pasta water and toss everything together until well mixed. Spoon into shallow bowls and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over, if you like.
Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has wholemeal spaghetti, asparagus, rapeseed oil, leeks, red chilli, garlic clove, frozen peas and lemon.