- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 228
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Asparagus salad with a runny poached egg
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- beetroot - 200g peeled cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into bite-sized pieces
- mixed-leaf - 2 handfuls mixed leaves
- cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, cut into batons
- asparagus-spear - 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar into a small bowl, mix well and add the beetroot. Divide the mixed leaves and cucumber between 2 plates.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of simmering water for 2 mins, then remove and set aside. Crack the eggs into the pan and simmer gently for 3 mins until the whites are cooked and the yolks are just beginning to set, but still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, add the beetroot to the salad plates, pour over the dressing and lightly toss together. Top each plate with asparagus and a poached egg to serve.
Healthy salad recipe for 2 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, beetroot, mixed leaf, cucumber, asparagus spear and large egg.