- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 101
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- butter - 25g butter
- vegetable-oil - a little vegetable oil
- asparagus-spear - 350g asparagus spear, stalks chopped, woody ends discarded, tips reserved
- shallot - 3 shallots, finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- spinach - 2 large handfuls spinach
- vegetable-stock - 700ml vegetable stock (fresh if possible)
- olive-oil - olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- bread - rustic bread (preferably sourdough), to serve (optional)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan until foaming. Fry the asparagus tips for a few mins to soften. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shallots, asparagus stalks and garlic, and cook for 5-10 mins until softened but still bright. Stir through the spinach, pour over the stock, bring to the boil, then blitz with a hand blender.
- Season generously and add hot water to loosen if needed. Ladle into bowls and scatter the asparagus tips over each. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with sourdough bread, if you like.
Low-calorie soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, vegetable oil, asparagus spear, shallot, garlic clove, spinach, vegetable stock, olive oil and bread.