- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 490
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Asparagus & tuna salad
- new-potato - 8 baby new potatoes
- medium-egg - 2 medium eggs
- asparagus - 125g pack asparagus, woody ends removed
- tuna - 185g can tuna, drained and flaked into very large chunks
- black-olive - small handful small black olives, halved
- romaine-lettuce - 1 romaine lettuce, leaves torn into chunks
- crusty-bread - crusty bread, to serve
- shallot - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- english-mustard - 1 tsp English mustard powder
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, or use the oil from the tuna can (if bought in oil)
- sugar - pinch of sugar
- Boil the potatoes for 8-12 mins until tender. Drain, cool a little under cold running water, then drain again well and set aside to finish cooling.
- Put the eggs in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water is boiling, add the asparagus for 2 mins. Drain well and rinse everything under cold water to cool. Again drain asparagus well.
- Once cool enough to handle, peel the eggs and halve or quarter. Whisk the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water and some seasoning.
- Tip the potatoes, asparagus, tuna, olives and lettuce into a bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well to coat, then add the eggs and serve with crusty bread.
500 calorie meal recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has new potato, medium egg, asparagus, tuna, black olive, romaine lettuce, crusty bread, shallot, english mustard, white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil and sugar.