- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 437
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1.23g
Aubergine, chilli & bacon pasta
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- aubergine - 1 large aubergine, cut into small cubes
- streaky-bacon - 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- pasta - 300g pasta (we used fusilli)
- parmesan - grated parmesan, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the aubergine and cook for 8 mins until soft. Add the bacon and fry until cooked through, adding the garlic and chilli for the final min. Tip in the tomatoes, increase the heat and cook for 10 mins until thickened, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Drain well, then stir through the sauce. Serve with a scattering of Parmesan, if you like.
Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, aubergine, streaky bacon, garlic clove, red chilli, chopped tomato, pasta and parmesan.