- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 262
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Aubergine & goat’s cheese salad with mint-chilli dressing
- aubergine - 2 aubergines
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- pitta-bread - 2 pieces lavash bread or pitta bread
- plum-tomato - 175g cherry plum tomato, halved or quartered
- salad - 4 large handfuls salad leaves
- shallot - 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- goat's-cheese - 50g hard goat's cheese
- balsamic-vinegar - 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- mint - 1 large handful mint leaves, finely chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- shallot - 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Cut the aubergine into 3cm chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Arrange on a baking tray and roast for 25 mins or until browned.
- Rip the bread into pieces and put on a baking tray. Just as the aubergine is nearly ready, pop the bread into the oven and bake for 8 mins.
- To make the mint-chilli dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and season. Toss about one-third of the dressing with the aubergine and save the rest to pour over the salad. Arrange the tomatoes, salad leaves, shallots, dressed aubergine and crisp bread on a large platter. Drizzle the reserved dressing over and scatter the goat's cheese on top.
Vegetarian salad recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has aubergine, extra-virgin olive oil, pitta bread, plum tomato, salad, shallot, goat’s cheese, balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, mint, red chilli and shallot.