- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 167
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.02g
- aubergines - 2 medium aubergines
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- ground-coriander - 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- ground-cumin - 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- tahini - 2 tbsp tahini
- lemon - 1 large lemon, juiced
- parsley - 1/2 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- flatbreads-or-pitta-bread - flatbreads or pitta bread, to serve
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Put the aubergines on a baking sheet and grill for 35-40 mins or until completely softened, blackened and blistered, turning them halfway through with a pair of tongs. Set aside and leave to cool completely.
- Once your aubergines are cool enough to handle, gently peel off the charred skin and discard. Transfer the flesh to the large bowl of a food processor along with 30ml of the oil, the coriander, cumin, tahini, lemon and half the parsley. Season and pulse the flesh three or four times to create a chunky textured dip.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil, scatter over any leftover parsley and serve with warm flatbreads or pitta.
Eurovision party recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has aubergines, extra virgin olive oil, ground coriander, ground cumin, tahini, lemon, parsley and flatbreads or pitta bread.