- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 201
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.68g
Bacon & parsley hotcakes
- bacon - 100g smoked bacon lardons
- self-raising-flour - 100g self-raising flour
- cheddar - 50g grated mature cheddar cheese
- thyme - 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 tsp dried
- parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- egg - 2 eggs
- milk - 6 tbsp milk
- sunflower-oil - sunflower oil, for frying
- egg - poached eggs and creme fraiche to serve
- Dry-fry the lardons until crisp and golden. Tip onto a plate to cool. Mix the flour, cheese, herbs, lardons, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and drop in the eggs. Beat with a wooden spoon, then gradually add the milk, drawing the flour into the centre as you go. You should end up with a fairly thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, drop in large spoonfuls of the batter, then cook until the hotcakes start to set around the edges. Flip them over, then cook until golden. Keep warm while you cook remaining hotcakes.
- Serve each person 2 hotcakes topped with a poached egg and a spoonful of creme fraiche, garnishing with extra thyme, if you like.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has bacon, self-raising flour, cheddar, thyme, parsley, egg, milk, sunflower oil and egg.