- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 459
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
Baked chicken masala with almond pilaf
- basmati-rice - 250g brown basmati rice
- turmeric - 2 heaped tsp turmeric
- curry-powder - 5 tsp medium curry powder
- flaked-almond - 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- natural-yogurt - 6 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- chicken-breast - 2 large skinless chicken breasts (about 500g/1lb 2oz), cut into chunks
- tomato - 8 medium tomatoes, halved
- red-onion - 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- coriander - 1/2 small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml water, 1 heaped tsp turmeric, 1 tsp curry powder and some salt. Bring to the boil, stir, cover, turn heat to low and cook for 30 mins, or until tender. Try not to take the lid off during cooking. Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 mins. Add the almonds, and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tsp curry powder, the remaining turmeric, 2 tbsp yogurt and seasoning. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Toss the tomatoes and onions in a roasting tray with the rest of the curry powder, then nestle in the chicken pieces. Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are soft. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the rice and remaining yogurt.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has basmati rice, turmeric, curry powder, flaked almond, natural yogurt, chicken breast, tomato, red onion and coriander.