- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 210
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Baked eggs brunch
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- leek - 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- onion - 2 onions, thinly sliced
- baby-spinach - 2 x 100g bags baby spinach leaves
- breadcrumb - handful fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- parmesan - 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- sundried-tomato - 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- medium-egg - 4 medium eggs
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a pan and add the leeks, onions and seasoning. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and beginning to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together.
- Arrange the leek and onion mixture between 4 ovenproof dishes, then scatter with the spinach and pieces of sundried tomato. Make a well in the middle of each dish and crack an egg in it. Season and sprinkle with cheese crumbs. Put the dishes on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 mins, until the whites are set and yolks are cooked to your liking.
Low-calorie breakfast recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, leek, onion, baby spinach, breadcrumb, parmesan, sundried tomato and medium egg.