- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 407
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 0.33g
Baked fennel pork with lemony potatoes & onions
- fennel-seed - 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- pork-loin-steak - 4 pork loin steaks, trimmed of fat
- onion - 1 large onion, sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- new-potato - 750g baby new potatoes, halved lengthways
- fennel-bulb - 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced, green fronds reserved
- lemon - juice 2 lemons
- broccoli - 340g broccoli, broken into florets
- Crush the fennel seeds lightly in a pestle and mortar. Mix with half the oil and a little seasoning. Rub into the pork and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat remaining oil in a shallow ovenproof dish. Soften the onion and garlic for about 5 mins, then tip in the potatoes and brown for a few mins. Add the fennel, lemon juice and about 100ml water. Season, cover with the lid and cook in the oven for 35 mins.
- Remove the lid, stir the potatoes and place the meat on top. Return to the oven, uncovered, and cook for another 10 mins or until the pork is cooked to your liking. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli.
- Scatter over the reserved fennel fronds and serve with the broccoli.
Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has fennel seed, olive oil, pork loin steak, onion, garlic clove, new potato, fennel bulb, lemon and broccoli.