- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 337
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 4.02g
Baked ham with brown sugar & mustard glaze
- Place the raw ham in a large, clean bucket. Add enough water to cover and soak overnight, or up to 24 hrs ahead, changing the water twice.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain and place the ham in a large roasting tin, cover tightly with foil and bake for 3 hrs.
- Remove the ham from the oven and turn the heat up to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the rind off the ham, leaving about 1-2 cm of fat; cut a diamond-shaped pattern into this. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and mustard, then rub all over the ham. Roast for 30 mins until the ham is tender and the outside nice and sticky.
- Bring to the table on a large platter lined with bay leaves. To serve, cut 1cm-thick slices off the ham to go alongside the rye bread, pickles and mustard sauce (Make your own sauce with our recipe below).
Good Food magazine Christmas recipe for 12 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has ham, brown sugar, wholegrain mustard and bay leaf.