- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 149
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.06g
Baked mincemeat doughnuts
- white-bread - 200g strong white bread flour
- caster-sugar - 1 rounded tbsp caster sugar
- butter - 25g butter, cut into small pieces
- yeast - 1 x 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- milk - 5 tbsp milk
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- mincemeat - 4 tbsp mincemeat
- icing-sugar - 3 tbsp icing sugar
- caster-sugar - 85g caster sugar
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- Tip the flour, sugar and a good pinch of salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour with your fingertips. Stir in the yeast.
- Warm the milk to hand hot. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the milk and egg. Mix everything together to make a soft dough. Tip onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 mins until the dough is smooth, elastic and no longer sticky. Put the dough back in the bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for about 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again briefly, then divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll out each piece to a 9cm round and put 1 tsp mincemeat in the centre. Gather up the edges of the dough to enclose the filling, pinching it well to seal. Shape into a ball between your hands and put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, sealed side down, allowing space for the dough to rise. Cover with a tea towel and leave for about 30 mins. Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10-12 mins until risen and golden. Mix the icing sugar with 2 tbsp cold water in a shallow bowl. Mix the caster sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Roll each doughnut first in the sugar syrup, then into the caster sugar to coat all over. Leave to cool.
Baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has white bread, caster sugar, butter, yeast, milk, egg, mincemeat, icing sugar, caster sugar and cinnamon.Add to Favourites