- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 559
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 55g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 1.05g
Baked sweet potatoes with easy chilli & soured cream
- sweet-potato - 8 sweet potatoes
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- green-chilli - 2 red or green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- minced-beef - 1kg lean minced beef
- cajun-seasoning - 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- kidney-bean - 400g can kidney beans, drained
- soured-cream - 300ml tub soured cream
- sweet-chilli-sauce - sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the potatoes in several places and bake for 45 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, then cook the onion and chillies for 3-4 mins until softened. Add the beef and seasoning and cook for 5 mins, stirring often. Add the tomatoes and kidney beans, bring to the boil, partially cover and gently simmer for 30 mins.
- Season the chilli. Cut the sweet potatoes open, spoon in some chilli and top with soured cream. Pass around the sweet chilli sauce.
Baked potato recipe for 8 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet potato, olive oil, onion, green chilli, minced beef, cajun seasoning, chopped tomato, kidney bean, soured cream and sweet chilli sauce.