- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 35g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Banana date cake with walnut & honey glaze
- butter - 175g softened butter, plus extra for the tin
- self-raising-flour - 200g self-raising flour
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- light-muscovado-sugar - 100g light muscovado sugar
- large-egg - 2 large eggs, beaten
- clear-honey - 3 tbsp clear honey
- banana - 2 overripe bananas (about 350g with skins on)
- date - 100g stoned date
- walnut - 50g chopped walnut
- clear-honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- butter - 25g butter
- walnut-half - 50g walnut half
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter and line the base of an 18cmBundt mouldor round cake tin with baking parchment. Put the flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon orhand-held electric mixeruntil light and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas and chop the dates. Stir into the cake mix with the walnuts. Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake for 40-50 mins until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (a round tin may take 10-20 mins more). Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, put the honey and butter in a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the butter has melted. Boil briefly, about 1 min, until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts. Leave to cool until thickened and opaque. Spoon over the top of the cake and leave to set.
Cake sale recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, self-raising flour, cinnamon, light muscovado sugar, large egg, clear honey, banana, date, walnut, clear honey, butter and walnut half.