- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 393
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Barley couscous & prawn tabbouleh
- barley-couscous - 125g barley couscous
- lemon - zest 1 lemon, juice of 1/2
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
- dill - 1/2 small pack dill, finely chopped
- mint-leaf - good handful mint leaves, chopped
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- nectarine - 2 nectarines, chopped
- prawn - 125g peeled prawns, or a handful of cashews or pecans for a vegetarian version.
- Tip the couscous into a bowl and pour over just enough boiling water to cover, following pack instructions. Leave for no more than 5 mins, drain thoroughly, then fluff up with a fork and tip into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and juice with the oil, dill and mint, then add the cucumber and nectarines.
- Toss through the prawns or nuts and serve on plates or pack into lunch containers.
400 calorie meal recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has barley couscous, lemon, rapeseed oil, dill, mint leaf, cucumber, nectarine and prawn.Add to Favourites