- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 with leftovers
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 661
- Fat Content: 53g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Bavette with chimichurri sauce
- bavette-steak - 1 1/2 kg bavette steak
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- green-chilli - 2 green chillies, sliced
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- oregano - small pack oregano, leaves picked
- parsley - large pack parsley, leaves picked
- banana-shallot - 1 banana shallot, roughly sliced
- red-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, roughly sliced
- jalapenos - 10 pickled jalapenos
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- Start by making the chimichurri sauce. Blitz all the ingredients in afood processoruntil they're finely chopped but the sauce still has a little texture. Transfer to a bowl and season to taste. The sauce should be punchy, herby and fragrant, with a good kick of chilli. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge to let the flavours develop.Can be made a few days ahead - keep in the fridge until needed.
- Take the bavette out of the fridge 1 hr before cooking so it comes up to room temperature. Meanwhile, get your barbecue nice and hot, or heat a large griddle pan until it's nearly smoking.
- Season the bavette liberally with flaky sea salt and a good grinding of black pepper, and rub with oil on both sides. Place on the barbecue or in a griddle pan and cook for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Rest the bavette for 5 mins, then thinly slice two-thirds of the meat, reserving 500g for the week ahead (seesteak with panzanellaandcurried aubergine with bavetterecipes). Taste your chimichurri sauce again and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with thecheesy corn on the cobandblackened sweet potato mash, and the chimichurri sauce spooned over.
Summer recipe for 4 with leftovers people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has bavette steak, olive oil, green chilli, extra virgin olive oil, oregano, parsley, banana shallot, red wine vinegar, garlic clove, jalapeños and lemon.