- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 251
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 0g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
BBQ pulled pork
- pork - 2 1/2 kg boneless pork shoulder, skin removed
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- paprika - 2 tsp Spanish paprika (pimenton)
- mustard-powder - 2 tsp mustard powder
- salt - 1 tsp garlic salt
- salt - 1 tsp onion salt
- liquid-smoke - 1 tbsp liquid smoke (optional, see tip, below)
- bun - 16 brioche buns (see 'goes well with')
- sauce - Tangy cabbage slaw, homemade chipotle molasses BBQ sauce (see recipes in 'goes well with') and sweet-and-sour pickled cucumbers from a jar, sliced
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Rub the pork with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Heat a largenon-stick panuntil very hot and sear the pork on all sides until golden brown.
- Place the meat on a wire rack in aroasting tin. Mix the paprika, mustard powder, garlic and onion salt, and some black pepper with the liquid smoke, if using. Brush all over the meat.
- Add 1 cup of water to the roasting tin, cover very tightly with foil andcookfor 5 hrs or until almost falling apart.
- Drain the juices from the meat into a measuring jug. Shred the pork using 2 forks, discarding the fat.
- Skim off the fat from the juices. Mix 125ml of the juices with 4 tbsp BBQ sauce (see recipe in 'goes well with') and pour over the meat. Keep warm until serving, or reheat.
- To assemble, pile the meat into the halved brioche buns, spoon over the BBQ sauce, top with coleslaw and pickles, and sandwich together.
American recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has pork, olive oil, paprika, mustard powder, salt, salt, liquid smoke, bun and sauce.