- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 511
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
BBQ sausages with smoky tomato sauce
- sausages - 24 chipolata sausages
- ketchup - 100g low-sugar ketchup
- passata - 100g passata
- cider-vinegar - 100ml cider vinegar
- light-brown-soft-sugar - 100g light brown soft sugar
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- chipotle-paste - 1 tsp chipotle paste
- butter - 2 tbsp butter
- wooden-or-metal-skewers - 8 wooden or metal skewers (if using wooden, soak in water for at least 15 mins first)
- To make the sauce, combine the ingredients in asaucepan, then season. Bring to the boil and bubble for 3-4 mins until the sugar has completely dissolved and the sauce is glossy. Leave to cool. The sauce will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze for up to two months.
- Heat abarbecueuntil the coals are glowing white hot. Lay six of the sausages next to each other and push one stick through one end of all the sausages and the other stick through the other ends so the sausages look like a ladder (leave a gap between each sausage). Repeat with the other sausages in batches of six.
- Barbecue the sausages on each side until they are browned and cooked through, then brush with sauce and cook for a minute on each side until sticky-looking. Brush once more with the sauce before serving, and serve the rest of the sauce on the side.
Family barbecue recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has sausages, ketchup, passata, cider vinegar, light brown soft sugar, garlic clove, chipotle paste, butter and wooden or metal skewers.