- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 415
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1.89g
BBQ vegetables with goat’s cheese
- aubergine - 4 aubergines, cut into 1cm slices lengthways
- plum-tomato - 8 plum tomatoes, each cut into 3 thick slices
- spring-onion - 2 bunches of spring onions, trimmed
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- garlic-clove - 3 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- goat's-cheese - 2 x 100g packs firm goat's cheese
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- basil-leaf - large handful of fresh basil leaves
- flour-tortilla - 8 flour tortillas
- Put the sliced aubergines, tomatoes and whole spring onions into a large shallow dish. Whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar and garlic together with plenty of seasoning, pour over the vegetables and toss well.
- Barbecue the aubergine slices directly over a medium high heat for 4-5 minutes each side, until tender and marked. Remove and put into a large shallow bowl. Barbecue the tomatoes and spring onions for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Add to the aubergines. Crumble the goat's cheese over the hot vegetables and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss very gently.
- To serve, scatter the basil leaves over the vegetables.Warm the floured tortillas on the barbecue for 1-2 minutes, turning once. Let each guest take a spoonful from the platter of vegetables and goat's cheese and fold up in a warm tortilla.
Wrap recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has aubergine, plum tomato, spring onion, extra-virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic clove, goat’s cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, basil leaf and flour tortilla.