- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 372
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Beef & bean chilli bowl with chipotle yogurt
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- minced-beef - 250g pack extra-lean minced beef
- chipotle-paste - 1 tbsp chipotle paste, plus a little extra to serve
- cajun-seasoning - 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
- bean - 2 x 400g cans mixed bean salad, drained
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- beef-stock-cube - 1 low-sodium beef stock cube
- dark-chocolate - 2 squares 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- coriander - small pack coriander, chopped
- rice - cooked brown rice and low-fat Greek yogurt, to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion on a medium heat until softened. Add the beef with some black pepper and a little salt, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned. Add the chipotle and Cajun seasoning. Give it a good stir and cook for 1 min more.
- Tip in the beans and tomatoes, then crumble over the stock cube. Add a can of water and simmer for about 20-30 mins, until thickened. Add the chocolate, and stir until melted, then add most of the coriander.
- Serve the chilli in bowls on top of the rice sprinkled with the rest of the coriander, with a dollop of low-fat yogurt, and an extra drizzle of chipotle paste on top.
7-a-day recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, minced beef, chipotle paste, cajun seasoning, bean, chopped tomato, beef stock cube, dark chocolate, coriander and rice.