- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2 - 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 345
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Beef goulash soup
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- onion - 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- beef - 200g extra lean stewing beef, finely diced
- caraway-seed - 1 tsp caraway seeds
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- beef-stock - 600ml beef stock
- sweet-potato - 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- green-pepper - 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- yogurt - 150g pot natural bio yogurt
- parsley - good handful parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic, and fry for 5 mins until starting to colour. Stir in the beef, increase the heat and fry, stirring, to brown it.
- Add the caraway and paprika, stir well, then tip in the tomatoes and stock. Cover and leave to cook gently for 30 mins.
- Stir in the sweet potato and green pepper, cover and cook for 20 mins more or until tender. Allow to cool a little, then serve topped with the yogurt and parsley (if the soup is too hot, it will kill the beneficial bacteria in the yogurt).
Immune-friendly recipe for 2 – 3 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion, garlic clove, beef, caraway seed, smoked paprika, chopped tomato, beef stock, sweet potato, green pepper, yogurt and parsley.