- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 349
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 3.58g
- beef - 500g beef rump, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- chinese-five-spice-powder - 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- rice-noodle - 300g pack ready-cooked rice noodle
- red-chilli - 1 large red chilli
- garlic-clove - 1 fat garlic clove, chopped
- ginger - 4cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- lemongrass - 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed and sliced
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- sugar-snap-pea - 100g sugar snap peas, cut into thin strips
- baby-corn - 8 baby corn, sliced diagonally
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- lime - 1/2 lime
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp soy sauce
- fish-sauce - 1 tbsp fish sauce
- roasted-peanut - 2 tbsp roasted peanut
- coriander - roughly chopped coriander, to serve
- Mix the beef and five-spice in a bowl, then set aside to marinate. Soften the noodles in boiling water following pack instructions, drain then set aside. Thinly slice the red chilli, leaving the seeds if you prefer a little extra heat. Mix with the garlic, ginger and lemongrass in a small bowl. Heat half the oil in a wok, add the chilli mixture and stir-fry for 1 min until softened but not coloured. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside while you cook the beef.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the beef and stir-fry over a high heat for 1 min until browned and just cooked through.
- Return the chilli mixture to the pan with the sugar snaps, baby corn and half the spring onions. Stir-fry for 1 min more before adding the drained noodles. Mix to thoroughly combine, take off the heat and add a squeeze of lime juice, the soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Divide between four plates. Scatter with the peanuts, garnish with remaining spring onions and chopped coriander.
Stir-fry recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has beef, chinese five-spice powder, rice noodle, red chilli, garlic clove, ginger, lemongrass, sunflower oil, sugar snap pea, baby corn, spring onion, lime, soy sauce, fish sauce, roasted peanut and coriander.Add to Favourites