- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 242
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 0.92g
Beef strips with crunchy Thai salad
- steak - 2 thick cut lean steaks, about 600g/1lb 5oz in total
- lime-juice - 4 tsp lime juice
- fish-sauce - 1 tbsp fish sauce
- light-muscovado-sugar - 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- salad - 200g bag crunchy salad mixed with 1bsp orangec juice
- carrot - 50g carrot, grated (1 medium carrot)
- beansprout - handful beansprouts
- Heat grill to high. Lightly season the steaks, then grill on each side for 2-3 mins for medium-rare, or longer if you like. Mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli together in a jug. Tip the salad, carrot and beansprouts into a bowl, then add the dressing, tossing everything together. Divide between four plates.
- Thinly slice the beef and add to the salad. Some steamed rice flavoured with rice vinegar is a good side dish.
Low-carb snack recipe for 4 people, takes only 6 mins; recipe has steak, lime juice, fish sauce, light muscovado sugar, red chilli, salad, carrot and beansprout.