- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 438
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, sliced
- garlic - 1 clove of garlic
- butter - 1 tbsp butter
- mushroom - 250g mushrooms, sliced
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- fillet-steak - 500g fillet steak, sliced
- creme-fraiche - 150g creme fraiche
- english-mustard - 1 tsp English mustard
- beef-stock - 100ml beef stock
- parsley - 1/2 small pack of parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in anon-stick frying panthen add 1 sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until completely softened, around 15 mins, adding a little splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Crush in 1 garlic clove and cook for 2-3 mins more, then add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once the butter is foaming a little, add 250g sliced mushrooms and cook for around 5 mins until completely softened.
- Season everything well, then tip onto a plate.
- Tip 1 tbsp plain flour into a bowl with a big pinch of salt and pepper, then toss 500g sliced fillet steak in the seasoned flour.
- Add the steak pieces to the pan, splashing in a little oil if the pan looks dry, and fry for 3-4 mins, until well coloured.
- Tip the onions and mushrooms back into the pan. Whisk 150g creme fraiche, 1 tsp English mustard and 100ml beef stock together, then stir into the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 5 mins.
- Scatter with some chopped parsley, and serve with pappardelle or rice.
Pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic, butter, mushroom, plain flour, fillet steak, crème fraîche, english mustard, beef stock and parsley.