- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 200
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.64g
Beetroot, goat’s cheese & tarragon salad
- beetroot - 6 raw medium beetroot, about the size of a tangerine (a couple of different varieties, if you can get them)
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive-oil - 5 tbsp olive oil
- goat's-cheese - 250g soft fresh goat's cheese
- tarragon - 1 handful fresh tarragon leaves
- watercress - small bunch watercress, picked into small sprigs
- Wash the beetroot and put them in a pan of salted water with the white wine vinegar. Boil for 30-40 minutes or until tender - when pricked with a skewer there should be no resistance. Drain and leave to cool slightly, then peel - wear a pair of washing up gloves to stop your hands from turning pink.
- Cut each beetroot in half and then into wedges and arrange on a large platter. Drizzle the warm beetroot with half the balsamic vinegar and half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 3 Just before serving, break the goat's cheese into pieces over the beetroot and sprinkle on the tarragon, watercress and remaining vinegar and oil.
200 calorie meal recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has beetroot, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, goat’s cheese, tarragon and watercress.