- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 381
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Beetroot hummus toasts with olives & mint
- bread - 2 slices seeded wholemeal soda bread
- chickpea - 210g can chickpeas, drained
- beetroot - 200g ready-cooked beetroot, sliced
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- feta - 30g feta, crumbled
- kalamata-olives - 6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- mint-leaves - a few fresh mint leaves
- Toast the bread - if the slices are quite long, halve them first.
- Meanwhile, tip the chickpeas into a bowl with half the beetroot, the lemon juice, garlic and oil, and blitz with a stick blender to make hummus. Spread on the toast, top with the remaining beetroot and scatter with feta, olives and mint.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has bread, chickpea, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic clove, rapeseed oil, feta, kalamata olives and mint leaves.