- Serving: 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- beetroot - 250g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), chopped into small chunks (reserve the juice)
- orzo - 200g orzo pasta
- vegetable-stock - 700ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- dill - small bunch dill, chopped, a few fronds reserved, to serve
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 8 mins until soft.
- Add the beetroot, plus any juice from the pack, the orzo, hot stock and a little seasoning to the pan. Bubble until the stock has been absorbed and the orzo is cooked through, about 15 mins.
- Add the dill and taste for seasoning. Serve in shallow bowls with the feta and reserved dill fronds scattered on top.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 3 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, red onion, beetroot, orzo, vegetable stock, dill and feta cheese.