- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 546
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Black bean, tofu & avocado rice bowl
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- black-beans - 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- lime - zest 2 limes, then 1 juiced, the other cut into wedges to serve
- tofu - 396g pack tofu, halved through the centre, then chopped into small chunks
- smoked-paprika - 2 tsp smoked paprika
- brown-rice - 2 x 200g pouches cooked brown rice
- avocado - 2 small ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled and chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, leaves only
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Heat the grill to High. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or so until soft. Add the garlic and sizzle for 30 secs more, then stir in the cumin and black beans. Cook for 5 mins until the beans start to pop and are hot through. Stir through the lime zest and juice, and season.
- While the beans cook, put the tofu in a bowl and gently toss through the remaining oil, the paprika and some seasoning. Line a baking tray with foil and arrange the tofu on top. Cook under the grill for 5 mins each side until charred all over.
- Heat the rice following pack instructions, then divide between bowls. Top with the beans, tofu, avocado, coriander and a wedge of lime. Add a few slices of chilli too, if you like it spicy.
Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, red onion, garlic clove, ground cumin, black beans, lime, tofu, smoked paprika, brown rice, avocado, coriander and red chilli.