- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 290
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Black-eyed bean mole with salsa
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- tomatoes - 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- coriander - 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- lime - 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- chilli-powder - 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- ground-cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- black-eyed-beans - 400g can black-eyed beans in water
- cocoa - 2 tsp cocoa
- vegetable-bouillon - 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Tip all the salsa ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- For the mole, heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onion and garlic and fry stirring frequently until softened. Tip in the spices, stir then add the contents of the can of beans with the cocoa, bouillon and tomato puree. Cook, stirring frequently to make quite a thick sauce.
- Spoon into shallow bowls, top with the salsa and serve.
Marathon recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has red onion, tomatoes, coriander, lime, rapeseed oil, red onion, garlic clove, ground coriander, chilli powder, ground cinnamon, black-eyed beans, cocoa, vegetable bouillon and tomato purée.