- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 613
- Fat Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 55g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.78g
Black pudding potato cakes with fried eggs & tomato chutney
- white-wine-vinegar - 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- sugar - 1 tbsp sugar
- onion - 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- cherry-tomato - 1/2 x 250g pack cherry tomatoes, quartered
- mashed-potato - 400g cold mashed potato
- spring-onion - 1/2 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- black-pudding - 1/2 x 230g pack black pudding or 2 large slices, diced
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- egg - 2 eggs
- Make the chutney: heat the vinegar and sugar with 1 tbsp cold water, swirling until sugar dissolves. Throw in the onion and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cook for 3 mins until starting to soften. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix the mashed potato and spring onion with some seasoning, then carefully fold in the black pudding. Shape into 4 patties and dust in the flour. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the potato cakes for 3 mins each side until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, then crack both eggs in and cook how you like them. Serve 2 black pudding cakes per person, topped with a fried egg and a dollop of tomato chutney.
Christmas brunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has white wine vinegar, sugar, onion, cherry tomato, mashed potato, spring onion, black pudding, plain flour, sunflower oil and egg.