- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 337
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Blackberry & apple oat bake
- semi-skimmed-milk - 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- cinnamon-sticks - 2 small cinnamon sticks
- cardamom-pods - 6 cardamom pods, bashed
- apple - 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
- porridge-oats - 200g jumbo porridge oats
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- pecan - 100g pecans, roughly chopped
- blackberries - 320g blackberries
- milk - milk or fat-free yogurt and maple syrup, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the milk, spices and apple in a smallsaucepan. Cover, gently bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 mins. Set aside to infuse for at least 15 mins.
- Remove and discard the spices, then pour the apples and milk into a large bowl and roughly crush the apples with the back of a fork. Mix in the oats, egg, vanilla, baking powder, pecans and blackberries.
- Tip into a 2-litre ovenproof dish and bake for about 30-35 mins until piping hot in the middle. Serve with milk or yogurt and maple syrup, if you like.
Healthy breakfast recipe for 6 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has semi-skimmed milk, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, apple, porridge oats, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, pecan, blackberries and milk.