- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 387
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Blueberry & coconut cake
- rice - 250ml rice bran oil, plus extra for the tin
- egg - 3 eggs
- caster-sugar - 225g caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- self-raising-flour - 300g self-raising flour
- desiccated-coconut - 50g desiccated coconut
- soya-milk - 175ml soya milk
- blueberry - 140g fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra to serve
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, to dust
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease a 22cm Bundt or ring tin. Whisk the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Combine the flour and coconut. Alternately, fold the flour mix and soya milk into the wet ingredients, starting and ending with the flour.
- Spoon a quarter into the tin. Fold the blueberries into the remaining batter, then spoon into the tin. Bake for 1-1 1/4 hrs, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cover the cake with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Cool in tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Fill centre of the cake with extra blueberries and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Dairy-free recipe for 12 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has rice, egg, caster sugar, vanilla extract, self-raising flour, desiccated coconut, soya milk, blueberry and icing sugar.