- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 226
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- unsalted-butter - 100g unsalted butter softened, plus 1 tbsp, melted, for greasing
- golden-caster-sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- large-eggs - 2 large eggs
- natural-yogurt - 140g natural yogurt
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- milk - 2 tbsp milk
- plain-flour - 250g plain flour
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- blueberries - 125g pack blueberries (or use frozen)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.Beatthe butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat in for 1 min, then mix in the yogurt, vanilla extract and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl with 1/4 tsp fine salt, then tip this into the wet ingredients and stir in. Finally, fold in the blueberries and divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 5 mins, then reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and bake for 15-18 mins more until risen and golden, and a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then carefully lift out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container - after a day or two, pop them in the microwave for 10-15 secs on high to freshen up.
Kids’ baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, golden caster sugar, large eggs, natural yogurt, vanilla extract, milk, plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and blueberries.