- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6-8 with other canapés
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 273
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Bourbon-glazed pork belly chunks
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Pour 100ml of the bourbon into a small, shallow roasting tin and add the star anise. Season the pork belly, put in the tin and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 3 hrs. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 1 hr. You can chill the pork for up to 2 days at this stage.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the pork from the tin. Using a small, sharp knife, pare away the rind from the meat, leaving a small layer of fat. Cut the meat into 2cm chunks and return to the tin. Roast for 20 mins until crisp and sizzling, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, tip the ketchup, soy sauce, honey and remaining bourbon into a small pan. Set over a high heat and bubble for 5 mins until thick and syrupy. Pour over the chunks of pork and toss to coat. Roast for 10 mins more until sticky.
- Snip the chives into the sour cream, if you like, and serve alongside the pork chunks with cocktail sticks.
Christmas canapé recipe for 6-8 with other canapés people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has bourbon, star anise, pork belly, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, clear honey and soured cream.