- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 214
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.21g
Boxing Day soup
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion - 1 medium onion, chopped
- celery - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- potato - 2 medium potatoes, about 350g/12oz total weight, peeled and cut into small chunks
- curry-paste - 1 tbsp curry paste
- vegetable-stock - 1.2l vegetable stock, made from a stock cube
- brussels-sprout - 550g leftover roasted or boiled vegetables, such as Brussels sprout, carrots, parsnips and squash, roughly chopped
- natural-yogurt - natural yogurt or creme fraiche, to serve
- To fry the vegetables, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 5 minutes until golden. Stir in the celery and fry for 5 minutes, then tip in the potatoes and fry for a further 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the curry paste, let it cook for a minute or so, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and stir well. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- To serve, tip the leftover veg into the pan and warm through for a few minutes. Pour the soup into a food processor or blender and blitz to a smooth puree. Thin down to the consistency you like with hot water or stock (we added 300ml) then taste for seasoning. Cool and freeze, or serve in bowls with spoonfuls of yogurt or creme fraiche swirled on top.
Healthy Christmas leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, celery, potato, curry paste, vegetable stock, brussels sprout and natural yogurt.