- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 587
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 42g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.01g
Bramley & blackberry tray cake
- butter - 175g butter, plus extra for greasing
- plain-flour - 300g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- bramley-apple - 4 Bramley apples, (approx 800g/1lb 12oz)
- lemon - squeeze lemon juice
- whipping-cream - 284ml carton whipping cream
- caster-sugar - 225g golden caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp for sprinkling
- egg - 3 eggs
- blackberry - 300g blackberry
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Grease a roasting tin (30x20cm) with butter, dust with a little flour, then set aside. Peel, core and slice the apples into rings, then toss in a little lemon juice to stop them going brown.
- Tip the cream and butter into a saucepan, bring up to the boil, then set aside. Whisk the sugar with the eggs until they thicken and turn pale, about 3 mins. Whisk the buttery cream into the eggs, then fold in the flour until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and arrange the apple slices over the top. Scatter over the blackberries, then sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 50 mins-1 hr until golden and beginning to pull away from the sides of the tin. Leave to cool in the tin and serve cut into squares.
Traybake recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, plain flour, bramley apple, lemon, whipping cream, caster sugar, egg and blackberry.