- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 563
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 70g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Brazilian prawn & coconut stew
- rice - 300g long-grain rice
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- red-chillies - 1-2 red chillies (deseeded if you don't like it too hot), finely chopped
- coconut-milk - 200ml coconut milk
- tomato - 400g tomatoes, diced
- green-bean - 200g green beans, topped and sliced in half
- king-prawn - 300g peeled raw king prawns
- lime - juice 1 lime
- coriander - small pack coriander, chopped
- peanut - 50g roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the rice following pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, garlic and chillies, and cook for 10 mins on a low heat until soft. Add the coconut milk and bubble for another 4 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and beans, and cook for 5 mins until the tomatoes start to collapse. Add the prawns and cook for 3 mins until pink and cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice, sprinkle over the coriander and nuts, and serve with the rice.
Dairy-free recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rice, vegetable oil, onion, garlic clove, red chillies, coconut milk, tomato, green bean, king prawn, lime, coriander and peanut.